SHARP in Schools
Proven Classroom Programming
At SHARP Literacy, we believe teachers play an important role in student success. We assist them in providing interactive learning experiences and arts integration to help students grow academically.
Our hands-on, visual arts-based approach is designed to help spark curiosity and a love of learning. Students develop a deeper understanding of complex vocabulary and build the background knowledge that is so important for reading comprehension. We bring visual arts experiences with professional artists and authors into the classroom and guide students through educational tours.
We seek to make every interaction in the classroom resonate beyond one moment in time. Our goal is that students and teachers are able to apply the learning and teaching strategies they experience with SHARP to their everyday growth. We encourage feedback and offer personalized, professional development to help teachers make the most of our program within their schools.
We align our programs with Common Core State Standards and are beginning to incorporate Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards as we pilot our early childhood programs. SHARP education team members regularly attend professional development opportunities to make sure our work supports the research-based best practices of the classroom teachers we serve.
SHARP Schools – 2019-2020
SHARP currently has active programs in 40 public, choice, and charter schools in Milwaukee, Waukesha and Racine Counties. Our program reaches approximately 8,600 students from grades K3-5 and approximately 400 teachers.
- ALBA (Academia de Lenguaje y Bellas Artes)
- Atlas Preparatory Academy
- Blessed Sacrament Elementary
- Brown Street Academy
- Browning Elementary School
- Catholic East Elementary School
- Anna F. Doerfler School
- Escuela Vieau
- Forest Home Avenue Elementary School
- Granville Lutheran School
- Hawley Environmental School
- Hawthorne Public School
- Hmong American Peace Academy
- Hope Christian School – Fidelis
- Richard Kluge Elementary School
- La Causa Charter School
- Lutheran Special School and Education Services
- Malaika Early Learning Center
- Messmer St. Mary
- Messmer St. Rose
- Ralph H. Metcalfe Elementary School
- Northwest Catholic School
- Northwest Lutheran School
- Notre Dame Primary School
- Pilgrim Lutheran School
- River Trail Elementary School
- Rogers Street Academy
- St. Anthony Preschool & School
- St. Augustine Preparatory Academy
- St. Joseph Academy Preschool & School
- St. Martini Lutheran School
- St. Rafael the Archangel School
- Victory School for the Gifted and Talented
- Westside Academy
- Banting Elementary School
- La Casa de Esperanza
- Summit View Elementary School
- Whittier Elementary School
- Renaissance Lutheran School
Map of SHARP schools
If your school is interested in learning more about our in-school and after-school or summer programs, contact Tamela Smith, Director of Programs, at email@example.com or 414.410.3207.