SHARP partners with educators to foster a love of learning and brighten children's futures through innovative STEAM-based experiential programs.
Our Impact »
Find out how SHARP’s unique approach helps students improve reading comprehension while discovering a love of learning.Learn more »
Our Programs »
Through engaging lessons, interactive projects and visual arts, SHARP Literacy helps urban children identify as confident, capable learners.Learn more »
Support the Future »
Find out how individuals and companies can help support SHARP’s mission and provide students with unique learning opportunities.Learn more »
COVID learning gap, program takes hands-on approach
- Thank you Derica Williams of Fox 6 News for this incredible feature highlighting our efforts to combat the COVID learning gap. Learn how we ...Learn More »
SHARP Literacy Revitalizes an Urban Greenhouse at Browning Elementary for Milwaukee Students
- Don’t miss out on this interview by WUWM 89.7 Milwaukee’s NPR featuring SHARP Literacy’s CEO and President Lynda Kohler! Lynda sits down to talk ...Learn More »
Sharp Literacy educational programs: Teaching art along with hard sciences
- Check out this amazing interview by CBS 58 featuring SHARP’s very own President and CEO Lynda Kohler! Lynda sits down to talk about SHARP ...Learn More »
Silver Spring Neighborhood Center Garden Club plants seeds of STEM
- Want to learn more about how local students are addressing food deserts and learning urban agriculture? Yesterday Fox 6 News reported on the unveiling ...Learn More »
Urban garden revitalized to provide food and science to kids at Silver Spring Neighborhood Center
- Thank you to CBS 58 News for their wonderful feature on our Urban Greenhouse Revitalization Project! The video features our aquaponics system, hydroponics system, ...Learn More »
SHARP allows students to look not only at themselves, but others.
My students not only improve their reading and writing skills, they also become more confident learners.
While SHARP’s impact is often felt by students who are struggling, it also fits the needs of high achievers.
The SHARP Literacy program not only has the needed content, but also fun ways of approaching these concepts!
I’m indebted to SHARP because not only do you grow my students but you’ve grown me as an educator.
Our students learned so much about their community and have a profound new appreciation for Milwaukee.